Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What is a friend?

Pick your favorite quote....why is it your favorite?

ABRAHAM LINCOLN: Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
DAVID HUME: Truth springs from argument amongst friends.

ECCLESIASTICUS 6:14: A faithful friend is a strong defense: and he that hath found such an one hath found a treasure.

EPICURUS: It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us. -3rd century BCE

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE: It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.

MARLENE DIETRICH: It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.

RALPH WALDO EMERSON: The only way to have a friend is to be one.

JESUS OF NAZARETH

Matthew 11:19
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

John 21:5
He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?" "No," they answered.

No comments: